|Home » Categories » Mobile Software (Nokia, Blackberry etc) » uQuran|
How do I install Audio Recitation Files in uQuran?
Please kindly refrain from promoting or spreading pirated copies of uQuran Pro
Note: These instructions can also be followed if you are trying to install the pluggable translations for uQuran (see more details here).
First of all, you have to ensure that Audio playback is supported in uQuran on your particular mobile/PDA. To do this, please kindly do the following:
1. Launch uQuran on your mobile
2. From Menu, select ' Run Diagnostics'
3. When a window with information appears, look for the lines " MP3 Audio Support" and " AMR Audio Support". One of these lines should say YES. If none of these lines say "YES", then unfortunately your mobile will not support Quran recitation.
4. If one of these lines say YES, you can now proceed to the following link to download audio files for individual surahs for that particular type. If AMR audio is supported, you need to download the AMR versions of the chapters and similarly you need to download MP3 files if MP3 is supported. Always try with one chapter (for example Surah Al-Fatiha) first to ensure it works as some mobiles still might not play any sound eventhough they seem to support MP3 or AMR files.
Once you have downloaded a chapter's audio ZIP file, please kindly follow these instructions:
(If you are following these instructions for installing the translations, please simply launch uQuran the first time and open Surah Al-Fatiha. This will ensure that the temporary directories are created on your mobile).
1. Ensure you have connected your phone to your PC using the USB cable that came with it. If you do not have a USB cable or cannot mount your phone on to your PC then you cannot install the recitation files.
2. Next, you have to ensure you have a SD Card (or a Media Card/Memory Card) inserted into your Mobile. Some PDAs with very large amount of storage do NOT need a SD Card so ignore this step if you have, for example, a Windows Mobile (e.g. HTC) device. In case you have a SD Card, you will need to set aside at least 1.8 GB of space for high quality MP3 data or around 800 MB for AMR data.
3. Finally, please ensure you had uQuran already installed on your mobile, and its working and you were able to run 'Run Diagnostics' from uQuran's Menu. This is important as it creates the initial directory structure on your memory card
4. Now uncompress the file you just downloaded. It will uncompress as a directory called ' uQuranData'. This directory will further have other directories and files. (such as uQuranData/audio/1/001001.umr etc). We will now be copying this folder to the right place on your mobile. (If you are following these intructions for installing the translations, the uncompressed folder will be something similar to uQuranData/trans/1/001.res etc).
5. When you have connected your device to the PC (e.g. a Blackberry Bold to the PC), it should automatically now mount the external drive present on your mobile. This can be found under 'My Computer' (in Windows OS). Usually the mounted drive will have the name of the mobile, for example 'Blackberry Bold' or ' Mobile Device' or ' Nokia N97'. At times the Mobile when connected will ask if you'd like to mount it as 'Mass Storage', try that if you're otherwise not able to mount the mobile under My Computer.
You need to now look for a directory by the name 'uQuranData' (similar to the directory you uncompressed) on your mobile's mounted drive. If there are more than two drives mounted (such as Blackberry C, and Blackberry D) then look under both drives. You will normally find it amongst the main directories in the drive. In case of a Windows Mobile Device, this folder may be found under "My Computer->Mobile Device/My Windows Mobile Based Device/Internal Storage/uQuranData"
Once you've located this folder, you need to overwrite this folder with the folder you just downloaded. Don't worry, each chapter you download will simply add more files to already copied files and will not remove existing data.
And you're inshAllah done. This may look like a lot of work but in short:
You need to download the chapter files, uncompress them and copy this folder over an existing (uQuran creates it when you run 'Run Diagnostics' the first time) uQuranData directory found on the mobile's internal or external memory.
Now launch uQuran, open the chapter you downloaded the audio for and select 'Play Recitation' from the Menu. If audio playback is really supported, it should now work without any issues.
Scrolling the surah in uQuran is really slow
Viewed 4684 times since Sun, Aug 2, 2009
Why wasn't Quran Reader upgraded to provide uQuran features?
Viewed 3614 times since Sun, Aug 2, 2009
Will you provide Tafsir in uQuran?
Viewed 4007 times since Sun, Aug 2, 2009
How do I install the Signed version of uQuran on my Mobile?
Viewed 15432 times since Wed, Aug 5, 2009
Does uQuran work on Palm?
Viewed 3287 times since Wed, Aug 5, 2009